Reliability and avoiding downtime are some of the most important goals for any electrical enclosure application. To achieve this, enclosure cooling devices that are used need to protect equipment from the adverse temperatures and conditions that are encountered. In order for this to be accomplished, there are several best practices that customers should expect to receive from their specialized air conditioner manufacturer to ensure they are receiving the highest quality product.
Does your enclosure cooling supplier utilize these best practices? If not, it may be time to switch to one that does.
- Utilization of an integrated 3D design system to ensure the dimensional compatibility of component parts and to make sure that the largest rated cooling capacity unit occupies the smallest functionally feasible footprint.
- Have environmental lab testing equipment to ensure every air conditioner achieves its rated capacity under a variety of conditions.
- Have a UL (Underwriters Laboratories) certified laboratory that provides safety assurance as well as piece of mind that the air conditioner or other cooling units comply with all current electrical safety standards and regulations.
- Comply with RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) regulations to guarantee specific harmful substances will not be utilized in the products manufactured.
- Use of paperless manufacturing procedures to ensure final product uniformity and latest revision control.
- Utilize automated fabrication and robotic bending machinery which allows for accuracy and repeatability, yielding finished products of consistent quality.
- Use continuous formed tubing equipment that will eliminate nuisance refrigerant leaks caused by excessive solder connections. Kooltronic also uses a triple leak protection procedure and inspection process to ensure elimination of any leaks. (The elimination of refrigerant leaks will help preserve the compressor’s efficiency, contribute to a longer compressor life, help maintain thermal performance, and reduce maintenance and repair costs.)
- Use a computerized, bar-coded evacuation and charge system. Kooltronic uses a deep vacuum process to remove any dissolved water vapor from the refrigeration system. (A contaminant free system will also extend compressor life.)
- Utilize automated wire crimping machinery capable of power crimping and auto-inspecting electrical terminations which help prevent premature compressor failure on voltage drops that can occur when loose connections exist.
- Perform final operational testing of the entire air conditioner, completed prior to coming off of the production line.
For an all-encompassing look at the Kooltronic factory, including quality processes and equipment, please view our virtual plant tour!